According to Wikipedia, Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health. People are generally considered obese when their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person’s weight by the square of the person’s height, is over 30 kg/m2, with the range 25–30 kg/m2 defined as overweight.
It is a condition that is affecting a lot of people now and they seem to have no solution to it. Obesity is not a favorable condition to live with. A lot of people have tried several ways to counter it but they have not been successful.
EFFECTS OF OBESITY: Obesity or overweight presents a lot of issues for an individual who has it. These issues can be:
- Health Hazards: Obese people are vulnerable to a large number of diseases and bodily malfunctions. This results from excess accumulation of body fats. Obesity causes Heart Related Issues/ Disorders. Excess body fat causes the blockage of heart arteries and results in heart diseases. Type 2 Diabetes is also another disease that affects obese individuals. Obese people have a large intake of regular eatables and this can lead to diabetes. Other diseases caused by obesity or the diseases obese people are vulnerable to include, hypertension, arthritis, Insomnia, breathing problems, weakened immunity, stroke risks, Movement Problems and pain in joints, Hypertension, Pregnancy Issues etc.
- Personality Related Problems: This is huge area of concern for obese or overweight people. Obese people generally suffers from a lot of psychological factors associated with abnormal body movement, lack of concentration, tiredness and a sloppy attitude towards work and physical exercise. This issues affects the personality, attitude and behavior of an obese person to a large extent.
Weight Loss Management:
Several methods have been applied when it comes to weight loss, from dieting, to supplements and exercise. Reducing your weight is much better if you are able to combine both dieting and supplements intake.
WEIGHT LOSS BY TAKING SUPPLEMENTS:
It has been proposed that consuming supplements can help in weight loss and they can also decrease body fats. This is because they affect a series of biochemical reactions that act to increase the basal metabolic rate. Supplements are involved in a series of metabolic reactions that regulate fat tissue in the body. Some Supplements do not decrease the overall body weight, what they actually dois they alter the body fat to muscle ratio and increase energy expedition.
Through the process of increasing basal metabolic rate, supplements can act to decrease the body fat percentage. Despite a decrease in body fat percentage an overall decrease in weight is often not observed. This is because supplements can effectively increase the muscle to fat ratio and act to enhance the growth of lean muscle mass. This is beneficial for several reasons- not only does an increase in muscle mass mean you’ll burn more calories without even trying, but it also means you’ll be left with a more toned physique.
Supplements also have other benefits associated with them. Conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA) for example has been shown to help reduce blood pressure, insulin sensitivity and blood glucose levels. This allows CLA to have an effect in reducing the risk of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease
Supplements are therefore of huge benefit when it comes to weight loss and management. At http://www.uptownunlimited.com/, we offer the best supplements to help you lose weight and maintain it. Wanna reduce your weight? Then visit our website for an effective service.
WEIGHT LOSS THROUGH DIETING:
We get obsessed mostly due to the foods we take. Controlling what we eat goes a long way in helping us reduce weight. There are several steps you need to take in order to reduce weight through dieting.
The first step is to reduce your sugar and starch intake. They stimulate the secretion of insulin much more than the other classes of food. By reducing your starch and sugar intake, Insulin level goes down and this allows the body to start burning the stored fats. Reducing insulin level also enables the kidney to shed excess sodium and water which reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight.
Reducing your sugar intake should go hand in hand with increasing your protein intake. In order to lose weight, you need to plan your daily meals. They should contain a protein source, a fat source and a low-carb source. Constructing your meals will automatically help in bringing your carbohydrate intake into a considerable range of about 20-50 grams per day.
Here are some simple steps to help you reduce weight by monitoring your food intake:
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water a half hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods (see list). Certain foods are very useful for losing fat. Here is a list of the 20 most weight loss-friendly foods on earth.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
- Drink coffee or tea. If you’re a coffee or a tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine in them can boost your metabolism by 3-11%.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel fuller and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
- Use smaller plates. Studies show that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. Strange, but it works.
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.
Losing weight is possible by combining excellent diet system with supplement intake. You can also go the extra mile by ensuring you work out every day. This helps in maintaining the keeping the body in excellent shape.