Pear, Grape and Cashew nut salad is just gorgeous in taste, for bacon lovers, it can be added to the main salad after adding the cashew nut to the melted butter.
Adding extra flavours
If you want extra flavour to this dish, the bacon should be pan fried and then diced in small bits and set aside to cool down. The cashew nut was toasted for extra flavour, you can try that (toasting the nuts) yourself and taste its goodness. It gives the salad an extra feel.
The pear can be cut to your favourite shape or size, there is no rule here, i love mine to be in small cubes. The grapes were cut in halves from the top.
Now let us see how our salad is made.
[recipe title=”Pear, Grape and Cashewnut Curry Salad with Mustard Dressing” servings=”3-4″ Time=”45 minutes” image=”https://chuliciousblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Pear-Grape-salad.jpg”]
1 tablespoon Butter
2 tablespoons Cashew nut
1/2 teaspoon Curry powder
1 teaspoon Brown sugar
100g Red grapes
Salt and Pepper
1. Melt butter, add toasted cashew nut, curry powder, brown sugar, rosemary. Season
2. Saute for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool
3. Remove rosemary sprig
4. Add pear and grape. Mix ingredients together
[recipe title=”Mustard Dressing”]
2 – 3 tablespoons mustard
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons pure honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Combine mustard, honey and vinegar in a round bottom mixing bowl
2. Add in olive oil in thin stream, while whisking
3. Season with salt and pepper
Tip : When serving, the dressing can be drizzled on the salad, mixed together, or just served by the side.