Cabbage is said to contain some amount of liquid, well, just like every other vegetable in its category.
The health benefits includes frequent use in the treatment of eczema, arthritis, eye disorders amongst others.
This dish is rich in minerals from fresh vegetables which are featured, which includes tomatoes, fresh peppers and the major ingredient. Curry powder also has it’s medicinal value.
[recipe title=”Nigerian-style Stewed Cabbage” servings=”2-4″ Time=”45 minutes” image=”https://chuliciousblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/stewed-cabbage-e1503189084182.jpg”]
- 200g white cabbage, shredded
- 25g Onion, shredded
- 50g Fresh tomatoes, julienne
- 25g Red peppers, julienne
- 25g Green peppers, julienne
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Cooking oil
1. Heat oil in thick bottom pan, add in oil
2. Saute onion, cook on low heat
3. Add in fresh tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes
4. Add tomato paste. Stir
5. Add in other ingredients. Cook further for 5 minutes
6. Add in cabbage. Stir. Season
7. Correct seasoning