Am going coconuts and stew today!!
This is a simple yet classic dish, packed with vitamins and combo of fruits and veg. This stew can be regarded as a vegan/vegetarian dish, so if you are looking for a pure vegan dish, you are on the right post.
These are the ingredients I used to make this simple-classic stew, granny smith apples, potatoes, tomato, cucumber which is very healthy and water-packed, ginger and garlic (also peeled) is added for enhanced flavouring. Onion can be added to a basic one, but on this one I just passed. Tomatoes, apple, potatoes (peeled) jalapeno can all be cut roughly in medium-small sizes because a pulse-blend would be required after cooking. You can also add your choice of protein like chicken, beef, soybean, e.t.c. Below are pictures of the ingredients, right after the list.
80ml Corn oil
2pcs Potatoes, medium size
120g Apple, green
50g Tomato paste
TT Black pepper
500ml Coconut milk
See Also : QUINOA SALAD RECIPE
(cucumber, tomatoes are packed with vitamins that can not be over-emphasized)
(grannysmith apples, large potatoes)
(tomato paste, ginger and garlic)
1. Heat corn oil in a pot or sauce pan, add in garlic, ginger and potatoes. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add other ingredients except coconut milk.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a cup of water and allow to boil.
4. Cook until potatoes are soft. Season with salt and pepper, add coconut milk.
5. Correct seasoning if needed. Cool down a bit.
6. Rough blend (optional or you can leave it chunky)
Stew is Ready. Click here to see the health benefits of coconut milk. I hope to get a feedback on how you made your own stew with this recipe. The image above shows the stew before rough blended.
Chu’s Tips : Can be eaten with bread or rice as seen below, the choice is yours!
Thank you for reading.
Please share and don’t forget to subscribe.