Today, I will be talking about the principles regarding diet and daily routine. I will list out some basic guidelines/principles, there are so many basic and general rules to diet and eating right, but I have narrowed them to the listed numbers below which are fourteen (14).
General Principles of Diet
1. Eat at a moderate pace about 3/4 of your capacity. Leave the table
satisfied — neither too full nor hungry.
2. Always allow your meal to completely digest before eating again (allow
approximately 3 to 6 hours between meals).
3. Milk is considered a high quality food and is often taken
apart from meals to maximize digestibility. For example, we avoid
milk with vegetables, nuts, fish, eggs, fruits, yogurt, radish, garlic and
salt. Milk may be taken with sweet tasting foods such as toast, cereal,
dates or almonds.
4. Always eat in a quiet and settled atmosphere with a settled mind too. Environment and company should be pleasant. Do not read, watch tv or work during meals and always sit to eat.
the above and below listed points should be adopted in our daily lives, so as to get our body system adjusted to healthy lifestyle and diet.
5. Water and other beverages are fine to drink/sip during meals. It is
better to avoid large amounts of liquids before and within 1 or 2 hours
after meals. The temperature should be according to one’s liking but not below room temperature.
6. Diet should include all six classes of food in the daily food intake/routine, eat fresh fruits and vegetables during meals.
7. We generally respect and follow our spontaneous desires.
“Desire is the physiology’s means of expressing what it needs in order to achieve
balance at a given moment. However, non-life-supporting desires may
arise due to a habitual pattern created by some imbalance in the
8. Lunch should be the main meal of the day. Breakfast and dinner should
be lighter both in quantity and quality.
9. Yogurt and cheese should be avoided at night. If you want to eat healthy, this should be taken seriously.
10. Ice cold food and beverages may interfere with digestion.
11. Take a few minutes to sit quietly after eating before returning to your
activity, which aids easy digestion.
12. Finish your evening meal by 8:00 p.m.; if you are hungry at bedtime, and enjoy a glass of warm milk. Well, this point might prove difficult to those working late hours.
13. Chew well; the digestive process begins in the mouth.
14. Honey is never heated in any way such as by cooking, baking or adding it
to hot beverages. If tea with honey is recommended let it cool to a
temperature, which is drinkable warm before adding the honey.
Please leave a comment and don’t forget to share and subscribe. See you next time.