Shrimps and seafood in totality contains some useful amount of protein which helps the body. 100 grams of cooked shrimps contains 0.1g of saturated fat, 111 mg of sodium, 256 mg of potassium, 24 g of protein. They are also rich in iron, calcium, magnesium and also has a total carbohydrate value of 0.2g.
Shrimps are also an excellent source of carotenoid astaxanthin, vitamin B12 and selenium. So I decided to choose shrimps and whitefish over other seafood. Alternatively the shrimps and white fish can be steamed for the salad. White fish on the other hand when served 100g contains a total of fat 8g, 65mg of sodium, 406g of potassium, 24g of protein, vitamins B6 & B12, magnesium, calcium and iron.
The health benefits of apple, carrot, cucumber compliment the overall nutrients which are derived from the seafood. A video was made of this, click here.
Seafood Mixed Salad
- 1 tablespoon Whitefish, diced
- 1 tablespoon Shrimps
- 30g Carrot, diced
- 45g Apple, diced
- 45g Sweetcorn
- 30g Onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 30g Cucumber, diced
- 1 boiled egg, cut into four (optional)
- Season white fish and shrimps, deep fry for 2 minutes. Allow to drain on paper towel in the fridge for 2 – 3 minutes
- Blanch correct for a minute, cool down
- Combine carrot, apple, sweet corn, cucumber, seafood, mayonnaise and sugar. Mix
- Correct seasoning
- Serve with boiled egg
Please share and click on the subscribe button to get my latest posts directly to your mail.