Snails are an excellent source of iron, and other essential minerals like phosphorus and potassium. A 100 grams of snail contains 250 milligrams of magnesium, 382 milligrams of potassium as beef, also contains 1.4 grams of fat.
I love snail a lot, mostly when it is spicy either grilled or cooked in a sauce or stir-fried. They also contain 16.5 grams of protein/100 grams and 90 calories, and 2 grams of carbohydrate.
Chu's Snails with Vegetables
- 250g Snail, boiled
- 20g Onion
- 30g Green pepper, julienne
- 30g Red pepper, julienne
- 40g Tomatoes, shredded
- 20g Spring onion, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Chilli oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour (optional)
- Cooking oil
- Garlic, blended
- Cut snails to strips or cubes
- Heat pan, add in oil. Allow to get hot
- Add onion. Stir
- Add in snails, water. Season. Allow to cook for 10 minutes
- Add tomatoes, garlic, chilli oil and half of the vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes
- Stir in dissolved cornflour to thicken, if you are adding to the recipe
- Garnish with the remaining vegetables
I love eating mine with flavoured jasmine rice, or basmati rice.
Enjoy your snails with veggies.
Please do not forget to share and also leave a comment. Sharing is free.
To get our latest posts to your mail, simply subscribe.