This heart-felt gluten-free soup is healthy for those with egg allergy, and a go-to recipe.
Serving : 4
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
1 level teaspoon bouillon powder
1 medium potato, washed and diced (skin can be left on)
200g cooked chicken, diced
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs or
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
500ml semi-skimmed milk
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the diced onion with the bouillon powder for a few minutes, stirring all the time, until the onion softens.
2. Add all the other ingredients except the milk, bring to the boil, and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Add the milk and re-heat.
If serving this soup to a baby:
• don’t add the bouillon powder until
after you have taken out the baby’s
• chop the meat finely, and
• allow the soup to cool before serving
- this recipe is gluten-free and egg free, just the right one for those with special consideration