There is one thing that we can agree on, that all American BBQ are great, no matter the part of the country where they are made. Different parts of the country have different styles of preparing their BBQ. The diversity in the whole process makes the whole BBQ industry much more fun. The BBQ industry has been on a steady rise as more folks are getting interested in the variety of BBQ recipes and techniques that the different parts of the country has to offer.
Popular TV Shows on American BBQ.
To tell you just how important BBQ is to Americans, there are several TV shows dedicated to this beautiful art. You can learn a lot by watching this shows and know about other methods used in preparing this special delicacy. Here is a list of the top American TV shows that are dedicated to making BBQ.
#1. Barbecue America: Rick Browne, the host of Barbecue America travels far and wide exploring the country’s unique contribution to the art of BBQing. He travels and discovers the traditional methods of making barbecue in several parts of the country. Some methods are magical, some are outrageous while some are just purely unusual. The smoking business of barbecue in America is explored in length by this show.
Rick takes us through the fun journey of making barbecue. He keeps reminding us that it is fun and easy. Not all barbecue is about hamburgers anymore. He explores and researches new and improved ways that we can bring fun to smoking barbecue. He graces BBQ contests and events, learning new recipes and also sharing his knowledge with the Barbecue community. This is one show that you wouldn’t want to miss if you are a fan of BBQ.
#2. BBQ Pit masters: this is another BBq reality TV show that follows BBQ cooks as they compete for cash and prizes in BBQ cooking competitions. Over the years, this TV show has garnered millions of subscribers. The team travels to different parts of the country to cover the different BBQ competition that are going on. You will get to see different recipes used in the competition. The competition became bigger over time as it is now a regional event. The best BBQ cook from different parts of the country meet and contest for the prize of the best BBQ made.
#3. BBQ with Franklin: This TV is show produced by KLRU-TV, Austin PBS. Franklin walks through the steps of making variety of BBQ. He explains them to such an extent that you will realize that BBQing is not so complicated and you don’t require any special skill to become perfect at it. You will get to know why the smallest details matter such as the type of wood you use in making your firewood and how you can set your fire. You will also learn how to modify an off-the-rack smoker to ensure maximum success while grilling.
Follow this show and learn everything he knows about how to grill and the different ways you can do it.
#4. BBQ Crawl: Danielle walks through different parts of the country looking for new recipes and the various ways that you can grill BBQ. Her love for BBQ has made her travel through Northern America. She dines and falls in love with various types of BBQ while on her amazing adventure. She writes about BBQ and eats anywhere BBQ is being served.
#5. Primal Grill with Steven Raichlen: When you talk about the best of grilling, then this show covers it all. Based on their description “Primal Grill® with Steven Raichlen is the biggest, baddest, most comprehensive grilling show yet, with easy-to-follow instruction, close-up step-by-step technique sequences, and mouth-watering, in-your-face food shots.”
The theme is dependent on the environment in which the grilling occurs. He can decide to take his grilling adventure into the farm and use fruits and vegetables as part of the recipe or he can go into the wild and present grilling lessons with totally different recipes and how to get them in the wild. He also based some of his shows on occasions like “At the Game,” that solely focus on grilling for sport fans.
Whatever your interest is, you will see grill lessons matching your interest. Steven Raichel is atrue master of grilling.
#6. Big Bad BBQ Brawl: Championed by Chef Shannon Ambrosio, this TV show is one of the best around. Having conquered New York and few cities, Shannon and his boys are always hitting the road. They seek new challenge as they learn new recipes and methods of grilling. he is currently on a journey to pit himself against the best that the southern part of the country has to offer. If you want to learn and be entertained by the competition, then this show is perfect for you.
#7. The Backyard BBQ Show – BBQFOOD4U: Majorly viewed on YouTube, this BBQ show thousands of subscribers. You are taken step by step on how to grill. The whole process is simplified. You will also get to learn about new and different recipes. The variety will help you in your quest to become an expert in BBQ grilling.
The different BBQ styles in America and their regions.
Over the years, the style of BBQ has been categorized based on style and region. Let us see the different regions and how they are classified based on their BBQ techniques.
- Memphis: This town is popular for its high consumption of pork. Be it in the rib or pulled, they prefer it with garlic, paprika, and other spices. They make the best BBQ with pork.
Best known for: Pulled pork.
- NORTH CAROLINA: This city is unique in that it has two different BBQ factions. Lexington-style and Eastern-style are both found in this city though each of them uses pork. They all agree to something though; that the meat should be brushed with a spice-and-vinegar mixture while cooking and served with a ketchup-based sauce. Lexington faction uses just the pork shoulder or the rib while the Eastern faction uses the whole pig while BBQing.
Best known for: Pork shoulder or pork ribs.
- SOUTH CAROLINA:Their method is almost the same to their northern counterparts except that they use mustard-based sauce with brown sugar and vinegar included.
Best known for: Ham or pork butt.
- KANSAS CITY: They are big on meat, since they are the meat packaging hub of the country. They love to prepare it super slow and super low using hickory wood. They prefer a thick, sweet molasses-and-tomato concoction that sticks to ribs of both animal and man. As their sauce.
Best known for: Burnt ends of a brisket.
- CENTRAL TEXAS: Their BBQ technique is highly influenced by the Czech and the German immigrants in the region. Their specialty is the brisket and ribs smoked over pecan or oak wood. They have a large meat market that see to it that they are hugely stocked with that. Meat is the first love of people around that region while sauce and sides are treated as mere wants.
Best known for: Moist brisket.
- EAST TEXAS: known for preparing BBQ with equal parts of pork and beef. They are widely known for chopping their BBQ instead of slicing them. The chopped BBQ is served between two buns with a butt-ton of hot sauce. This style is similar to the southern BBQ style and less like their neighboring central Texas style.
Best known for: Chopped brisket sandwich.
- ALABAMA: Their techniques is between the extremes as it is influenced by two styles; Texas and Carolina. Alabama tends to skew toward meaty sandwiches filled with pulled pork (or chicken) and Cole slaw. The specialty of this BBQ is the white sauce they use. They combine it with a mayonnaise-and-vinegar mixture that is available all over the state. Walking round the streets of this state, you could see the mixture too.
Best known for: Pulled pork sandwich with white sauce
These are the major types of BBQ styles in the country. They vary in their techniques but they are all great.
American Barbecue Company
You live in the New York yet you want to have the feel of the southern BBQ. How do you make that happen? Do you fly thousands of miles just to ensure that you get it? That will be stressful. What if you want to eat BBQ for a whole day and yet you are buy with other responsibilities? Will you just shove it aside because you are so busy to make it? That wouldn’t be wise now would it?
The answer to all your problems BBQ related is American Barbecue Company. Since 1996, this company has been specializing in gourmet catering events of all sizes – Residential, Corporate, and School events are all part of their repertoire. The team of experienced staff will come to you, set up the grill and serve you with a beautiful buffet right under your tent. With BBQ grill made from the finest of recipes, you are sure of having a great time when they serve you.
They use all kinds of meat and beef; American Style Kobe Beef, Premium Natural Angus Beef, marinated Meat, fully Cooked Entrees Ribs & More. You don’t have to ask where the beef is when you need it, it is very close to you.
The beef used are top quality. They are all USDA Organic & Grass Fed. The advantages that comes with this grass fed beef is that they are healthier, more nutritious and less likely to carry any harmful bacteria. You are therefore safe from any health risks that might arrive from eating beef.
Some BBQ they grill and the ingredients used
- BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe: ingredient include;1 3-4 pound pork tenderloin, ½ cup BBQ Sauce, ¼ cup grape jelly, 2 tablespoons Sriracha Sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown Sugar and Chili Smoked Brisket: ingredients include; 1 beef brisket, about 8 to 10 pounds, 1/3 cup (80 mL) brown sugar, 1/3 cup (80 mL) salt (coarse salt works best), 1/3 cup (80 mL) paprika, 1/3 cup (80 mL) chili powder (hot or mild), 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground black pepper
- BBQ Baby Back Ribs: Ingredients; 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon dry mustard, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, 2 racks baby back pork ribs (4 pounds)
- Grilled Spatchcocked Chicken: Ingredients; 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half, 1 large garlic clove, peeled, 1/3 cup packed fresh herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, parsley, and sage leaves, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, Pompeian Olive Oil Extra Virgin, 1/2 lemon, zest removed in strips with a peeler, 1 chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), Spatchcocked, Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Angus ground beef: Ingredients; 2 pieces white sandwich bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces, 1/3 cup low fat milk, 2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 3 garlic cloves, minced, 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons ketchup, 3 pounds 85% lean ground beef, 3 scallions, finely sliced (optional), Non-flammable cooking spray to grease grill, 10 hamburger buns.
- Classic Steak Marinade: Ingredients: 1/4 cup/60 mL olive or avocado oil, 1/4 cup/60 mL red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons/45 mL Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt, 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper, 2 teaspoon/10 mL fresh oregano, lightly chopped, 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh thyme, 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
From the above listed BBQ and their recipe, it is clear that American BBQ Company only grills the best BBQ. No matter your taste or flavor, American BBQ Company will ensure that you are well satisfied.
American Barbecue Company offers only the best services when it comes to BBQ. Ready to eat entrees are available to serve you at any time. If you are in a hurry and can’t wait for the grilling process to be done, then you are at luck. They have anticipated this and have therefore made the BBQ beforehand, all you have to do is order and dash off.
The ready to cook proteins used offer nutritional and health advantages to you. American BBQ Company ensures that you have the best BBQ that is also healthy for you.
With an online presence and active team in several cities across the country, American BBQ Company is definitely the best out there.
American BBQ Company California.
For citizens of California, the American BBQ Company here has made everything better for you. They serve all nooks and crannies of the state. The company now offers a new scheme that will deliver breakfast or lunch to you. The services run from Monday through Friday. All you have to do is pick up your phone and order the package and it will be delivered to your doorstep.